Saturday, July 2, 2011

First weekend in July

Except for some special projects, I finished my last professional responsibilities for the summer on July 1, and this is my first weekend off.  On Thursday I leave for the the National Youth Science Foundation's West Virginia Youth Science Camp near Ripley, WV for 10 days.  We have a lot to do this weekend, but I'll capture a few photos for posting (click for a larger version).

Diane's butterfly garden
Diane's butterfly garden seems to have naturalized, with just a few weeds.  As most of you know, a butterfly garden must have complementary trees available and also a shallow puddle.  The latter is sometimes a challenge in our part of West Virginia.
A second greenhouse
I found this little greenhouse, complete with doors, heaters, motorized baffles and other features for $500 several years ago.  With Jamie's help, we're finally getting it assembled.  I haven't yet dug the trench for water and electricity, but at least it's started.


Wild raspberries everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for SPAM (or trolls); otherwise all comments will be welcome.