Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Eagles in the City

I was commenting that it has been more than three weeks since we've seen a Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) along the South Branch.  Then today I received an email from my neighbor Greg in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington, VA (most densely populated county in the U.S.) that there was an eagle in his tree, and our neighbor Joan got these two great photos.







Best of all, there is good reason to believe the eagle may have been surveying Greg's flock of plastic flamingos, although I wish it would pick off some of the neighbor's free-roaming cats.   What might this mean for the Arlington Egg / Backyard Hen Initiative?  I learned there was another eagle spotted above the Arlington Career Center last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for SPAM (or trolls); otherwise all comments will be welcome.